- Increasing seller protection
- Improving your listing visibility
- Supporting your business
- International selling
Business Seller News - Autumn 2012
Manufacturer warranty details required in Electronics
We previously announced the importance of including manufacturer warranty details in your listings.
From 25 September, all business sellers must fill in the manufacturer warranty item specific field when listing ‘New’ and ‘New other’ Electronics products. You should also provide details of what’s covered in the manufacturer warranty in your item description.
An increasing number of buyers look for the manufacturer warranty in a listing for extra confidence and reassurance in their purchase. Including these details in your listings can help lead to an increase in sales, especially for higher value items.
What you need to do
FROM 25 SEPTEMBER
Specify the length of manufacturer warranty in the item specific field and give details of what’s covered in your item description.
How the manufacturer warranty is displayed
The manufacturer warranty will be clearly displayed to buyers when it’s added as an item specific:
Adding manufacturer warranty details
1. Use the manufacturer warranty item specific field to show the length of the warranty. This information will be visible in search and give buyers more reassurance in their buying decision. If the length of the warranty has been included – please check that it’s correct.
2. Detail what is covered in the manufacturer warranty in your item description.
- Existing listings – edit your listing to include the manufacturer warranty item specific field and manufacturer warranty details in the item description.
- New listings – select the manufacturer warranty from the dropdown menu and add details into the item description.