- Increasing seller protection
- Improving your listing visibility
- Supporting your business
- International selling
Business Seller News - Autumn 2012
Making My Messages more user-friendly
We’re making My Messages more user-friendly as part of eBay’s ongoing investment in tools that support our sellers.
From today, messages sent from your primary eBay-linked email account will be automatically synchronised with My Messages, making it easier for you to communicate with buyers.
From September, you’ll also be able to upload and share photos through My Messages.
Automatic synchronisation of My Messages with your primary eBay-linked email account
From today, when you respond to an eBay message from your primary eBay-linked email account, the status of the message will now be automatically updated in My Messages.
For example, if you reply to a message from your personal email, we’ll mark that same message as ‘Read’ in your My Messages inbox. This will make it easier for you to communicate with your buyers.
We won’t access your personal email. We’ll know you viewed the email because of your reply through our messaging system.
Uploading and sharing photos in My Messages
From September, you’ll be able to upload and share photos through My Messages. There’s no need to share your personal email address or use a third-party photo sharing service to send buyers additional photos of an item.
Here’s how to get started:
- When replying to an email in My Messages, you’ll see an Add pictures button above the text box.
- Click on the Add pictures button and a pop-up window will ask you to upload pictures from your computer.
- You can select a maximum of 5 pictures, each with the following requirements:
- No larger than 5 MB.
- Minimum of 500 pixels for the longest side (1600 pixels recommended).
- Less than 9000 pixels (height and width).
- Must be a JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG or TIF format.
- Once you have uploaded your pictures, click on Save and you’ll be brought back to the message text box with your pictures now attached.
- Type your message and press Send.
Frequently asked questions
Using My Messages