- Increasing seller protection
- Improving your listing visibility
- Supporting your business
- International selling
Business Seller News - Autumn 2012
Familiarise yourself with the category and item specifics changes.
List with matching products in the eBay catalogue where available. Check the catalogue adoption tool to see if you currently have listings to match with products from the existing eBay catalogue.
Update your listings to include full item specifics.
Use tyre item specifics to display the legally required tyre performance information on your tyre listings.
Avoid creating any auction-style listings with buy it now if you also have an identical item available as a fixed price listing or you’re creating multiple auction-style listings with buy it now.
Review whether you have variations of a product and list them together in one multi-variation listing.
Update your listings with the required unique product identifiers to maximise the exposure of your listings in Google Product Search results.
Specify an international postage service and cost in your listings on eBay.co.uk to get some international visibility or list directly on international sites for greater visibility.
- My Messages is now more user-friendly.
Consider specifying different international postage costs for different countries in your listings on eBay.co.uk.
- From 25 September, specify the length of manufacturer warranty in the item specific field and give details of what’s covered in your item description.
- Follow our photo standards to make the most of the gallery view enhancements.
- Check the catalogue adoption tool to see if you have listings to match with products in new categories added to the eBay catalogue.
- From early September, Featured First will no longer be available for new or revised listings.
- Between 11 and 13 September, categories and item specifics will be updated on the site. Final value fees for listings in some categories may change and some categories may be removed.
- From the week of 3 September, all auction-style listings with buy it now will be treated as fixed price listings, under the duplicate listings policy.
- On 24 September, new categories will be added to the eBay catalogue.
- The new gallery view experience is available.
- Add details of the item condition of non-new items into the free text box available.
- Use the unit type and unit quantity item specifics.
- You'll find it be easier to report unreasonable buyer behaviour.
- The checkout comments box is optional.
- The eBay Fast 'N Free message will automatically display on listings where the seller offers free postage and an estimated delivery date of 3 days.
- From 31 October, we’re making it easier for you to list and manage multi-variation listings.
- For a single monthly fee, enjoy zero insertion fees when listing on all European and Australian eBay sites and pay $0.03 per item on eBay.com when listing internationally.
- Listings for tyres manufactured on or after 1 July 2012 with item condition ‘New’, ‘New other’ and ‘Used’ must contain the appropriate tyre performance information.
- The new multi-variation listing tool launches.