- Sell more
- Great customer service and fulfilment
- Seller protection
- Fee updates
Click & Collect at Argos launches in the UK
Click & Collect at Argos launches in the UK
We’re launching Click & Collect on eBay.co.uk. Buyers will be able to collect orders from their choice of more than 650 Argos stores across the UK. That means eligible items will be available for collection on the high street.
What you need to do
Update your listings to offer FAST & FREE with an eligible carrier and service.
Make sure you add weight and dimension information to your listing or opt out any listings where the item exceeds our limits.
We’ll begin automatically opting in eligible listings to Click & Collect. We’ll continue opting in listings into 2015.
From September, we’ll display a Click & Collect option on eligible listings. Buyers will be able to choose from more than 650 Argos store locations across the UK to collect their order.
We’ll let you know when we’ve automatically added a Click & Collect option to your listings for the first time. If don’t wish to offer this option for your buyers, you’ll have the opportunity to opt out at an account or listing level.
In order for your listing to be eligible for Click & Collect:
1. You’ll have to offer FAST & FREE with an eligible carrier and service.
2. Offer an approved service from 1 of these 5 carriers:
|Royal Mail||Royal Mail 24, Royal Mail 1st Class, Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For, Royal Mail Special Delivery ™ 1:00pm, Royal Mail Special Delivery ™ 9:00am, Royal Mail Tracked 24|
|Parcelforce||Parcelforce 24, Parcelforce 48|
|UPS||UPS Next Day (UPS Express & UPS Standard)|
|DPD||DPD Next Day, DPD Two Day|
|Yodel||Yodel 24, Yodel 48|
If you offer one of the specified services and it’s currently described as ‘Other 24 hour courier’ or ‘Other 48 hour courier’, you don’t need to do anything further.
3. Your item must be less than 20kg. No one side of the parcel can exceed 120cm and the second-longest side can’t exceed 76cm, including packaging. If you sell items over these limits, make sure you’ve stated that in your listing or opted out these listings. Any items that are too large will be rejected at Argos and may be disposed of.
Some categories aren’t eligible for Click & Collect if items in that category are likely to be too large, potentially dangerous or aren’t compliant with Argos’ business policies.
How Click & Collect works
With Click & Collect, you dispatch orders exactly as if they were home deliveries. The delivery address will include
your buyer’s chosen Argos store as well as a 6-digit unique identifier code in the second line. This is so Argos can identify your parcel and notify your buyer, so make sure you don't remove this code from the address.
- When an order comes in, create your postage label as usual, addressed to your buyers’ chosen Argos store. If you hand-write labels or use custom integration, make sure you include the unique identifier codein the second line of the address.
- Send the item using the eligible service and carriers you specified in your listing and mark the item as dispatched in My eBay.
- Once your buyer’s order is ready for collection at Argos, we’ll send them an email and text
message with a collection code to bring to the store.
This is an example of a label! Yours will look something like this.
Benefits for your business
Click & Collect is becoming a retail standard. In the next 4 years, 50% of online retail is projected to be collected away from home.*
Buyers love the convenience and security of a local collection point, especially for large or high-value items. 75% of total retail spending occurs within 15 miles from home. **
Benefits of using our Click & Collect service:
- More than 96% of the UK population live within 10 miles of an Argos store. *** Your buyers are never far from a collection point with convenient evening and weekend opening hours.
- You don’t need to set anything up to offer Click & Collect on your listings. We’ll automatically include an identification code with the Argos store address to make sure the item gets to your buyer.
- Offering Click & Collect may make your items surface higher in search results. Buyers can also search for listings that offer Click & Collect.
- Buyers are more likely to buy higher-priced items if they have a Click & Collect option, particularly around Christmas. In 2013, 40% of UK shoppers used a Click & Collect service for their Christmas shopping. ****
** UPS 2012
*** Argos 2014 data
**** Econsultancy shopping survey 2013
Frequently asked questions
Can I offer Click & Collect for individual listings?
Yes. In the Sell Your Item form, you can tick either ‘Opt in to Click & Collect’ or ‘Opt out of Click & Collect.’ You can also do this using your third-party listing tools.
What if a buyer doesn’t collect their order from Argos?
If a buyer doesn’t collect their order within 7 working days, it’ll be returned by Royal Mail 48-hour tracked service at no cost to you. You’ll need to refund the buyer once you’ve received the item. You won’t receive a defect in this case.
Is there a limit on the value of items eligible for Click & Collect?
Only items under £1000 are eligible for Click & Collect. Any of your listings for items worth more than this won’t display a Click & Collect option.
Can an ‘item not received’ case be opened for a Click & Collect order?
Yes, as for a home delivery, an ‘item not received’ case can be opened if:
- The item isn’t dispatched to Argos within the stated timeframe
- The unique identifier code is removed or not printed in the second line of the Argos store address
- The item is lost in transit
What happens if I don’t include the unique identifier code on the address label of my parcel?
Argos needs the 6-digit unique identifier code to be included within the second line of the address in order to recognise the package when it arrives. This alerts the customer to come and collect their item at the store. If you don’t include the unique identifier code, Argos will dispose of the parcel when it arrives.
What happens if my item is rejected at Argos because it’s too large?
If your item is rejected at Argos because it's too large, Argos will try to get the item back to you. There's a risk that if it can't be returned with Royal Mail returns service it may be displosed of, so make sure you add weight and dimension information to your listings or opt out listings for items which are larger than our limits.
Can I send the order in multiple boxes?
Where possible, make sure you send any orders with multiple parts in just one box. When your items arrive to Argos in multiple boxes, it creates a less convenient experience for your buyers.
Can I edit or opt out my Click & Collect listings in bulk?
Yes. You can edit your listings so they comply with the Click & Collect eligibility criteria using your bulk editing tool. How you do this depends on which tool you use.
What happens if my item was lost at Argos?
Once your item’s been checked in at Argos, we have processes to keep track of where it is. In the unlikely event that your item is lost while at Argos, we’ll refund your buyer for the value of the item at no cost to you.
Which address is used when a buyer returns items purchased with Click & Collect?
Buyers will be directed to return items through My eBay as usual, so you’ll need to provide them with a return address where you’d like the item to be sent. If you’re using our eBay managed returns process, we’ll provide buyers with your registered address.