- Fee structure changes
- Browsing and inspiration
- Excellent fulfilment
- No surprises, no risks
- Other changes
Business Seller News - Spring 2013
Take advantage of the new international tracked postage service
With the introduction of the new international tracked postage service for eBay, we've partnered with leading ecommerce logistics providers to offer sellers access to fast, fully-tracked delivery of their items to key export countries both within and outside the European Union – at a competitive price. This includes collection and returns options.
From today, register your interest to sign up and take part in the first tests in the UK. Make the most of this opportunity to grow your international sales.
Later in 2013, we plan to expand this service to cover further markets and more external tools.
eBay is committed to helping sellers to grow their sales internationally. Find out about the other improvements to international selling and postage.
What you need to do
Find out more about the new international tracked postage service for eBay. If it could work for your business, take the opportunity to register your interest.
If you're using the returns option, make sure you align your eBay returns policies accordingly.
Benefits of the new international tracked postage service for eBay
- Full end-to-end tracking.
- Quick and flexible delivery options from 2–5 days within the European Union.
- Key export countries include: Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Ireland, Belgium, Portugal, the Netherlands, the US, Australia and New Zealand.
- Get your packages picked up with the collection option.
- Easy returns option (Buyer pays in-country return postage costs).*
- Full integration with delivery management platform Metapak (required, but at no additional cost).
- Integration with selling tools (contact your provider).
- Competitive pricing for fully-tracked international postage may help you to save money.
- A customs-brokered solution for non-EU countries.*
*Additional costs outlined below.
Costs of the new international tracked postage service for eBay
Here are some common examples of postage costs* using the new service:
- 500g parcel to Germany from £4.00
- 1kg parcel to Italy from £7.00
- 1kg parcel to the US from £12.00
- 2kg parcel to Australia from £13.00
- 2kg parcel to France from £5.75
*All prices exclude VAT.
Note: Customs handling charges for over-threshold items (4% of duty amount paid).
Here are some examples of returns options and costs using the new service:
|Buyer country||Return cost per parcel||Comments|
|Ireland||£2.00||Buyer pays in-country postage|
|Germany||£3.50||Seller must offer free delivery to buyer|
|Italy||£3.00||Buyer pays in-country postage|
Consider using the new international tracked postage service for eBay if:
- You're sending more than 40 items per week from the UK to the key export countries.
- Your items are a maximum of 5kg in weight and 1.2m in length in any one direction. These are the ideal proportions for this service.
- You're looking for a well-priced, tracked postage solution.
Frequently asked questions
- Sell your item form
- Revise your item form
- Bulk edit tool
- Turbo lister
- File Exchange
- Channel Advisor
- eSellerPro (coming soon)